Last week I supported the renowned Autosport Awards. A ceremony that is well-established as the motorsport industry’s most prestigious award event. First held in 1986, it celebrates achievements across not only all the major international series but those in the UK.
The annual award ceremony was held at Grosvenor House in London on Sunday, 4 December 2022. It featured guests such as Jackie Stewart, Roger Penske, Christian Horner, Luke Browning, Sebastian Vettel, and George Russell.
Up for grabs were awards including International Racing Driver of the Year presented by Pirelli, British Competition Driver of the Year, Rookie of the Year, International Racing Car of the Year presented by Blink Experience, Rally Car of the Year, International Rally Driver of the Year, National Driver of the Year and Esports Driver of the Year presented by Motorsport Games.
My role on the night was to help capture ‘in the moment’ content and share it throughout the night on Instagram Stories and TikTok.
- A ‘walk the red carpet with us’ video piece before guests arrive.
- Several behind-the-scenes style stories on the red carpet when the guests were arriving and being photographed by the media.
- The ‘walk of champions’ as legends and winners from previous years were given a special welcome to the evening.
- The winners with their awards in the Green Room.
- As well as some of the amazing standing ovations.
- A key peek at some of the biggest stars of the night arriving on the red carpet. The video gained 11.9k views on the night.
- Behind-the-scenes content of the award winners in the green room while they took photos. This included a lovely moment where Sebastian Vettel gave Luke Browning his top advice above driving the 2021 car. This video gained over 39.8k views on the night.
The night was incredible and a real ‘pinch me’ moment. It was lovely to hear the speeches and stories about the incredible people in the motorsport industry that you would never hear otherwise. I was honoured to work with Motorsport and hope to work with them again.
Looking for support with your social media marketing? Whether it’s a one-off project or a long-term campaign, we have the knowledge and expertise to support you.