Simple social media tips for your small business
Simple social media tips for your small business

Simple social media tips for your small business

People spend a lot of time on social media platforms to stay connected to the world. Some people just scroll, but some of them invest their time and money in something great such as starting their online businesses to meet their financial needs or even to promote what it is their small business does. 

It has been reported that 40% of users rely on social media to unearth all the information about new brands and organisations. Cancelled events and commercial shutdowns due to COVID-19 have a particular effect on finances, but social media is playing a very important part in our lives. Besides watching others flourishing in earning a livelihood, you should start looking for earning money too.

We see that different companies or brands make their pages and accounts to drive more sales and improve their brand awareness all around the world. They promote their events by using different Facebook tools like Facebook Events and Facebook Groups. By putting ads on different platforms, brands are able to reach the targeted audience in order to increase their sales. They also take surveys from people who test their products and give their valuable reviews about them. These surveys help the companies to improve their services and quality of products. 

Here are some simple yet valuable tips for any small business:

Make a perfect plan

Every business strategy starts with a good plan, and your involvement of time, as well as effort, represents your investment. Base your goals on metrics that have a real impact. Create aims and objectives that should follow the SMART framework. For example, they should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. Plus, by monitoring the traffic that your social media platform drives to your business will help gather information to make valuable decisions. 

Know about competitors 

Are you aware of what your competition is doing on social media? You shouldn’t copy what they do, but it would be good for you to review their activity and the number of likes/comments on their posts will help you to identify what works and what doesn’t. This knowledge will help you plan your own activity quickly and easily.

Take inspiration from others

Have a look at successful businesses in all industries and take inspiration from them. There are so many platforms now, with TikTok being the latest trend. You may sit there and think it isn’t for your business but many well-established brands and organisations are using this platform to promote their business without having to keep up with the latest dance moves.

Scheduling your posts

Your presence on social media is very important, so it is key to be both patient and consistent. To help you with this you can schedule your posts by making social media calendar. If you’re looking for a good balance, 80% of your content could be entertaining or building up the story behind your business, and the remaining 20% could be to promote a product or service.

The key here is to really sit back and consider what is right for your business, and what time/effort you’re able to put it in to. Of course, if time is something you’re short of, or you’d simply like to get an expert in to help, check out our social media services. We’d love to work with you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *